About this visa
Young Australians have the unique opportunity to travel and work in Greece for up to one year with this working holiday visa!
COVID-19 Update: Greece is opening their borders for international tourists on 1st July.
Greece has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 1 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Greece and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above see where your Passport can take you!
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Travel and explore Greece and the amazing Greek Islands for up one year.
- Work for one employer for max. 6 months.
- Take part in studies or training for no more than four (4) months.
- You must be aged between 18-31 years old.
- You should have not previously participated in a program for the Youth Mobility (Work and Holiday) or in a program for Work Holidays in Greece
- You must have a degree of tertiary education or they have successfully completed at least two (2) years undergraduate university studies
- You must have adequate living resources for their personal expenses (3000 Euros)
- You must have a valid passport, expiring at least 3 months after the end of your stay, having at least two (2) blank pages
- You must have a departure ticket or sufficient financial resources to cover the cost of the departure
- A letter from the Australian Department of Home Affairs (letter of support), in which it is stated that the Australian Government gives its consent to their stay in Greece, taking into consideration the terms of the Youth Mobility (Work and Holiday) Agreement. Please find more details in this link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/what-we-do/whm-program/working-holidays-for-australians/letter-of-support
- A criminal record certificate issued by the Australian authorities, certifying the criminal status of the applicant.
- A Medical certificate issued by a recognised state or private institution
- A full travel insurance, with a duration equal to, at minimum, the duration of the visa issued, covering the costs which may arise in case of repatriation for medical reasons, for urgent medical care and/or for emergency hospital care (coverage of min 30.000 EUR)
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Visa fee: 75 EUR
Applications must be submitted in person, upon appointment, at the Greek Mission which is responsible for the area in which you reside. Contact the competent Greek Mission to book an appointment once you have all necessary documents.
Consular Section of the Embassy of Greece in Canberra
9 Turrana St, Yarralumla ACT 2600
Opening hours: 9am -4.30pm
Consulate General in Adelaide
4/32-36 Grenfell St, Adelaide SA 5000
Opening hours: 8am – 4pm
Consulate General in Melbourne
37-39 Albert Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004
Opening hours: 9am – 2pm
Consulate General in Sydney
Opening hours: 9am – 2pm
Consulate in Perth
7/16 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
Opening hours: 10am – 2pm
The immigration authority in Greece for processing Working Holiday visa's is Hellenic Republic Embassy of Greece in Australia.
Here are additional links and resources related to the Working Holiday visa in Greece. All resources are in English unless otherwise stated.
COVID-19 border restrictions update:
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂