About this visa
6 Things to Note when Applying for a Working Holiday Visa to Malta
This working holiday visa allows travelers from Australia and New Zealand to work and travel in Malta for up to one year.
Below, you will find more information about how to apply for this visa.
Malta has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 2 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Malta and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Malta for one year
- Work while traveling
- Re-enter Malta during the visa period
- You must be aged between 18-30 years old (Both inclusive when applying)
- You must have a valid Australian / New Zealand passport
- You must not be accompanied by dependent children
- You must have a return ticket from Malta, or the sufficient funds to pay for this ticket
- You must be in good health
- You must have a travel insurance for your whole stay in Malta
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Collect the required documents (See the above visa conditions)
- Book an appointment at Malta High Commission in Canberra or the Consulates in Sydney/Melbourne
- Submit your visa application in person at the Embassy / Consulate
The immigration authority in Malta for processing Working Holiday visa's is Malta High Commission in Canberra, Australia.
There is a quota of 50 for New Zealand applicants per year.
Here are additional links and resources related to the Working Holiday visa in Malta. All resources are in English unless otherwise stated.
Diplomatic Offices in Australia
Malta High Commission, Canberra
38 Culgoa Cct, O’Malley ACT 2606
Consulate General in Sydney
10/31 Market St, Sydney NSW 2000
Consulate General in Melbourne
613/343 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Diplomatic office in New Zealand
Consulate General in Wellington
20 Tanera Crescent, Brooklyn, Wellington 6021
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂