Working Holiday Visa in Mexico

About this visa

7 things to Note With a Working Holiday visa in Mexico

Canadians, Germans, South Koreans, French and New Zealanders have the opportunity to work and travel in Mexico up to one year with this working holiday visa. 

Peruvians, Chileans and Colombians can apply for  the Pacific Alliance working holiday visa. This visa is also valid for one year. 

Below you will find the 7 things to note and remember to bring when applying for your working holiday visa at your nearest Mexican Consulate or Embassy in your home country.

Participating countries

Mexico has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 8 participating countries:

If you are a Citizen of Mexico and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above see where your Passport can take you!

With this visa you can

This visa allows you to:

  • Live in Mexico for one year
  • Work while traveling


  1. You are aged between 18 and 30 years old (both ages inclusive)
  2. You are not accompanied by dependent children
  3. You have not previously taken part of this working holiday programme
  4. You have a valid passport
  5. You have a return travel ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
  6. You have enough funds for your maintenance during the period of initial stay in Mexico
  7. You have a medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance to remain in force throughout your stay in Mexico

Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.

How to apply

You must apply in person at your nearest Mexican consulate or Embassy in your home country.

Need more help?

If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂

Ask a question below

3 thoughts on “Working Holiday Visa in Mexico”

  1. Hello,

    I am a Canadian (living in Canada) looking to get a holiday work visa or full work visa for Mexico. Is it rather straight forward to apply for without having a sponsor or job already set up? Is there any sort of temporary work visa available?
    Many thanks x

    1. Hi Chelsea,

      Sorry, our website wasn’t properly updated.

      You are in fact in able to apply for a working holiday visa in Mexico, which allows you to travel and work in Mexico up to one year.
      You can apply if:
      – you are between 18-30 years old,
      – have sufficient funds for your travels,
      – have a passport,
      – have health and travel insurance

      You can apply for the WHV at you nearest Mexican Consulate / Embassy in Canada. You must apply in person.
      Perhaps call ahead to make sure you bring along the right documents which are needed for applying for the visa.

      Hopes this helps.


  2. Can people from portugal get the visa and how long those the application proces take and what are the steps?

Ask a question about applying for the Working Holiday Visa in Mexico

Remember to include where you are from and whether you currently living outside your home country.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow by Email