About this visa
This Working Holiday Visa is an amazing opportunity for young Australians and Kiwis who wish to work and travel in Uruguay for up to one year.
Uruguay has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 2 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Uruguay and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Uruguay for one year
- Work for one employer for max. 6 months
- Re-enter Uruguay within the visa period
Things to note
- Basic Spanish is a requirement for this visa
- For Australians: A “Letter of Australian government support” must be obtained from the Department of Home Affairs. There is no charge for this service.
- You must be aged between 18-30 years old
- Don’t have a dependent child with you at any time during your stay in Uruguay
- Have a Kiwi or Australian passport
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Visa fee: Free of charge when you apply from the Uruquay Embassy in Canberra
You must apply in person for the Uruguay Working Holiday visa at the Uruguay Embassy in Canberra.
Their address is;
24 Brisbane Ave, Barton ACT 2600
The immigration authority in Uruguay for processing Working Holiday visa's is Uruguay Embassy in Australia.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂