About this visa
How to Easy Apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Croatia
Canadians and New Zealanders have the unique opportunity to work and travel in Croatia for up to one year with this working holiday visa.
EU countries are starting to reopen their borders to international travelers. However, before heading off to Europe be sure to double check with the country's Embassy or Consulate in your home country as the EU countries are not legally bound to follow this new EU recommendation.
Croatia has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 2 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Croatia and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Croatia for up to one year
- Work and study in Croatia
- Visit other EU countries within the Schengen Zone
Things to note
The working holiday visa is called ‘a temporary stay permit’
- be a Canadian citizen
- be 18-35 years old (inclusive), and
- have a Canadian passport that’s valid for at least 12 months before you enter Croatia
To participate, you must be a:
- post-secondary graduate looking to gain further work experience
- registered student of a post-secondary institution in Canada and want to complete part of your academic program through a pre-arranged work placement in Croatia
- Canadian youth looking to travel to Croatia and work temporarily to fund your trip
For New Zealanders
- You must be aged between 18 – 30 years old (Both inclusive)
- You must have a valid New Zealand passport
- You must be in good health
- You must provide evidence of sufficient fund (money enough to a return ticket to New Zealand)
- You must have a travel and medical insurance
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
You can apply in person at the Croatian Embassy in Ottawa or Croatia’s Consulate General in Mississauga.
You can also apply in person in Croatia, at the local police station for the area where you plan to live.
For New Zealanders
You can apply in person at the Croatian Consulate in Auckland
13 Chelverton Terrace
Red Beach 0932
Or via post:
Consulate of the Republic of CroatiaPO Box 43
You can also apply in person at the Croatian Embassy in Canberra, Australia
14 Jindalee Crescent
The immigration authority in Croatia for processing Working Holiday visa's is Work and travel in Croatia: International Experience Canada.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂