About this visa
This visa helps young people come to New Zealand to either study for up to 6 months, work up to 12 months or travel non stop for 12 months.
New Zealand has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 45 participating countries:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
If you are a Citizen of New Zealand and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above see where your Passport can take you!
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in New Zealand for up to one year (For UK and Canada you can live in New Zealand for up to 23 months)
- Work while traveling through New Zealand
- After you arrive in New Zealand, you can come and go from New Zealand as many times as you like before your visa expires.
Things to note
- You can only apply for a Working Holiday Visa online.
- You can’t accept a permanent job.
- You can’t bring children with you on a working holiday. If you have a partner who wants to come to New Zealand, they’ll need to apply for their own visa.
- You must come to New Zealand within 12 months of the date your visa is granted.
- You must provide proof of your identity (Your passport must be valid for at least 15 months after you first arrive in New Zealand)
- You must be in good health (You may need to do a chest X-ray test if you are from a country that do not have a low incidence of tuberculosis (TB))
- You must be a good character
- You must be between 18-35 years old (35 including)
- You must have a flight ticket home or enough money for a ticket home
- You must have at least $4,200 for your stay (A bank statement must be provided)
- You must not have had approval for a New Zealand Working Holiday visa before
- You must have full medical insurance for the length of your stay
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: Up to 30 days (Closed due to COVID-19)
- Visa fee: 280 NZD
- Gather documents (See above visa requirements)
- You apply online here
- New Zealand Authorities may ask for evidence to support your application
- New Zealand Authorities make a decision about your application
The immigration authority in New Zealand for processing Working Holiday visa's is New Zealand Immigration.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂