Working Holiday Visa in Poland

About this visa

6 Steps Guide to Apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Poland

Young travelers from Canada, New Zealand and Australia have the unique opportunity to work and travel Poland for up to one year. 


EU countries are starting to reopen their borders to international travelers. However, before heading off to Europe be sure to double check with the country's Embassy or Consulate in your home country as the EU countries are not legally bound to follow this new EU recommendation.

Participating countries

Poland has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 3 participating countries:

If you are a Citizen of Poland and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.

With this visa you can

This visa allows you to:

  • Live in Poland up to one year
  • Work for an employer up to 6 months
  • Study/participate in a course up to 12 months
  • Re-enter Poland within the visa period


1. National Visa Application Form (printed, dated and signed).

2. Filled-in Declaration.

3. Canadian/Kiwi/Australian passport – must be valid for at least 3 months from the date of intended departure from Poland with at least one blank visa page.

4. 2 passport size identity photos.

5. Travel itinerary reservation for the flight back or proof of sufficient financial means to buy one.

6. Travel medical insurance valid for the entire length of your stay in the Schengen zone, covering medicine, hospitalisation, repatriation, death, pregnancy, for a minimum of $50,000 CAD (For Canadians)


You have to apply for a visa with a letter from your insurance company (a copy of your insurance card is not enough) certifying:

  • Your name
  • Validity in all Schengen area
  • Exact coverage dates (effective date and expiry date must be the same as your intended date of arrival in the Schengen area and intended date of departure from Schengen area – based on your flight tickets; statements e.g. “valid up to 90 days outside the province” will not be accepted);
  • detailed plan coverage
  • sum insured (at least 50,000 CAD).


7. A representation stating that purpose of your stay in Poland is training and learning and a declaration of intent to offer employment form the prospective employer.


8. Up-to-date basic curriculum vitae.

For Australians

  • A “Letter of Australian government support” must be obtained from the Department of Home Affairs. There is no charge for this service.

Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.

How to apply

  • Visa fee: CAD $150 for Canadians

Once the visa application form is filled out and the above required documents are collected you must submit the visa application form in person at your nearest Embassy of Poland or Polish Consulate.


Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Ottawa

Address: 443 Daly Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6H3, Canada
Telephone: +613 789-0468
Fax: +613 789 1218

Consular Section Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Ottawa

Address: 443 Daly Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6H3, Canada  (entry Wurtemburg Street)
Emergency telephone:  +1 613 866 20 15
Telephone: +613 789-0468  ext. 450 or 424
Fax: +613 789 1218;

Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Toronto

Address: 2603 Lake Shore Blvd. West, Toronto, ON, M8V 1G5
Emergency telephone: +1 416 4645405
Telephone: +1 416 2525471
Fax: +1 416 2520509

Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Montreal

Address: 3501 Avenue du Musée, Montreal, QC, H3G 2C8 Canada
Emergency telephone  (only in emergency situations): +1 438 395 2708
Telephone: +1 514 840 6080
Fax: +1 514 285 8895

Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Vancouver

Address: 1600-1177 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia , V6E 2K3, Canada
Telephone: +1 604 688 3530
Fax: +1 604 688 3537
Emergency telephone: +1 604 652 3204 (only in case of emergency, accidents)


Embassy of The Republic of Poland in Canberra

Address: 7 Turrana Street, Yarralumla, 2600 ACT Canberra
Emergency telephone: +61 411 540 466
Telephone: +61 2 6272 1000
Fax: +61 2 6273 3184

Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Sydney

Address: 10 Trelawney Street, Woollahra NSW 2025
Telephone (Monday 11 a.m. – 6.30 p.m., Tuesday to Friday: 9 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.): +61 2 9363 9816+61 2 9363 9817+61 2 9363 9818
Fax: +61 2 9327 2216

New Zealand

Embassy of the Republic of Poland, Wellington

Physical address: Level 9, City Chambers, 142-144 Featherston St
Wellington 6011

Postal address: Embassy of the Republic of Poland. PO Box 10 211. Wellington 6143

Tel | (04) 499 7844

Fax | (04) 499 7846

Email |

Office hours | 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri; 10am-2pm, 1pm-5pm, M/T/Th/F (Consular)

The immigration authority in Poland for processing Working Holiday visa's is Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland.

Go to: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland

Additional resources

Here are additional links and resources related to the Working Holiday visa in Poland. All resources are in English unless otherwise stated.

COVID-19 border restriction update:

Need more help?

If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂

Ask a question below

3 thoughts on “Working Holiday Visa in Poland”

  1. Hi there, does this process require a university degree or undergraduate studies? I am wanting to live and work in Poland but do not have ether of these? what are my options?

  2. Hello I am from Australia.
    I was wondering if I got an exemption to travel to Australia would I be able to gain a whv for Poland during this time?

Ask a question about applying for the Working Holiday Visa in Poland

Remember to include where you are from and whether you currently living outside your home country.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow by Email