About this visa
7 Simple Steps to Apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Australia
This visa helps young travelers to work and travel in Australia. You can generally apply for this visa if you have at least $3,900 USD to live on during your stay.
Find out how to apply below. We have made 7 Simple Steps for you to follow before applying for the working holiday visa.
Australia is in a travel ban. Before traveling to Australia you must apply for a COVID-19 travel request in order to travel to the country. You can find the request form here
Australia has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 42 participating countries:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
If you are a Citizen of Australia and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above see where your Passport can take you!
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- stay in Australia for up to 12 months
- work in Australia, generally for up to six months with each employer
- study for up to four months
- leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
Things to note
You need a valid passport or other travel document for this visa. If you plan to get a new passport, you should do so before applying for your visa. If you get a new passport after you have lodged your application, give the details of your new passport to one of their offices.
- have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462)
- hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Working Holiday Program with Australia
- have turned 18 years of age but have not yet turned 31
- are a genuine visitor who wants to have a holiday in Australia
- have enough money to support yourself on a working holiday (about AUD 5000)
- have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of your stay
- will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay.
Second Working Holiday Visa
To apply for a second Working Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 417), you must:
- have complied with all the conditions on your first Working Holiday visa
- have not previously held more than one Working Holiday visa
- have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday visa
- have not yet turned 31 years of age.
If you are already in Australia, and wish to remain onshore, you should apply for a second Working Holiday visa before your current visa expires and before you have turned 31 years of age.
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 2 weeks
- Visa fee: 440 AUD
The easiest way to apply for the Australian Working Holiday visa is online via the Australian Immigration Department’s website.
The immigration authority in Australia for processing Working Holiday visa's is Australian Home Affairs.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂