About this visa
5 Simple Steps to Apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Argentina
Explore one of South America's most beautiful countries! Australians and Kiwis have the unique opportunity to work and travel in Argentina for up to one year with this working holiday visa.
Argentina has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 2 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Argentina and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above see where your Passport can take you!
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Argentina up to one year
- Work in Argentina for up to one year
- Study / Train for 6 months
- Leave and re-enter Argentina within the visa period
Things to note
Australians must meet the following extra criteria
- Proof completed tertiary qualifications or at least 2 years of undergraduate university studies.
- Proof of basic Spanish is
- You are New Zealand/Australian citizens, habitual residents of New Zealand/Australia, and holders of a valid New Zealand/Australia passport;
- You are aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (35) inclusive (For Australians, its up to 30 years inclusive)
- Must not be accompanied by dependent family members, unless they have their own visa;
- Have not previously taken part in this program
- Proof of no criminal history
- Have sufficient funds for the visa period
- Have a return ticket to their home country or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
- Hold medical and accident insurance including hospitalisation and repatriation for the 12 months of authorised stay;
- Pay the consular fees of the relevant visa
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
For New Zealanders
The visa application is personal and must be submitted along with the following documentation (original and copies) to the Argentine Embassy in New Zealand:
- Valid New Zealand passport with at least one blank page;
- Completed visa application form;
- One front face photograph (4×4 cm) on white background;
- A criminal record search certificate issued by the New Zealand authorities stating that the applicant has no criminal records for the last three years;
- An affidavit stating that the applicant has no criminal records in other countries;
- A reservation for a return ticket to New Zealand or proof of sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- Proof of sufficient funds for the applicant’s maintenance during the initial period of stay (a minimum of USD 2,500). This requirement may be fulfilled by submitting (either own or third-party) bank statements for the last three months or credit card statements;
- A reservation or a budget for medical and accident insurance for a minimum of USD 30,000, including repatriation of human remains and sanitary repatriation;
- A payment receipt for the relevant consular fee (USD 150);
- Motivation letter stating that the main purpose of the trip is to vacation in Argentina, being work an incidental aspect of the visit.
- The fulfillment of these requirements does not guarantee the grant of a visa as this is an exclusive prerogative of the Argentine Government.
You must apply to the Argentine Consulate in Wellington
Level 5, 15 Murphy Street, Thorndon, Wellington
E-mail [email protected] / Phone no. (6011) 04 4728330
You must provide the following documents:
The applicants will need to present the following documents:
1) Valid Australian Passport – (at least 12 months validity) with 2 blank pages.
2) 3 x passport photos. Photographs must not be more than 6 months old. Photocopied photographs are not accepted.
3) Copy of ticket from airline or travel agency (ticket details) to Argentina and copy of the onward airline ticket from Argentina. Hotel address in Argentina booked in your name.
4) Proof of economic solvency: original current bank statement with evidence of enough funds for your stay in Argentina. You must provide evidence that you hold at least USD50 per day. Note: If you have a bank account that does operate exclusively online and you receive your bank statements electronically you will need to provide an electronic statement printed by the applicant with the official stamp of the bank in question. This official stamp should appear on the statements. Please, request to the bank to write down a letter stating your current balance with the stamp of the bank validating the document.
5) International credit card. Credit card statement showing credit card limit. Note: If you have a bank account that operates exclusively online and you receive your bank statements electronically you will need to provide an electronic statement printed by the applicant with the official stamp of the bank in question. This official stamp should appear on the statements. Please, request to the bank to write down a letter stating your current credit limit with the stamp of the bank validating the document.
6) Provide proof of education requirements (item nºA)-4) legalized by DFAT with the Apostille Stamp and translated into Spanish. Important: you will need to put an Apostille per document. A copy of final Certificate of Education should be certified by the educational institute´s person/officer whose signature is recognized by DFAT. Legalized by DFAT with the Apostille Stamp and translate into Spanish.
7) Medical certificate of “Good Health”, legalized by DFAT with the Apostille Stamp and translated into Spanish. Important: you will need to put an Apostille per document.
8) Meet character requirements form: by signing the form at our office during the interview. Attached.
9) Original letter from the Australian Government that supports the participation in the program which includes a statement to the effect that their government has agreed to applicant stay in the Argentine Republic under the terms of this arrangement. For more information please contact: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visit/Pages/working-holidays-overseas-australians…
Request an original letter to be send by post to our office. CONSULATE GENERAL OF ARGENTINA: PO BOX Q1613, QVB Post Office NSW 1230.
10) Personal interview (compulsory).
11) Visa application form, Declaration/Affidavit form and Character form signed by the applicant in the Consulate General of Argentina in Sydney.
12) There is visa application fee in Australian dollars (AUD) and may be subject to adjustment at any time. Cash or Money Order is only accepted. Personal or company checks will not be accepted. Payee: Consulate General of Argentina.
How to apply:
1. Please contact the Consulate General of Argentina in Sydney to arrange an appointment for an interview by email: [email protected]
2. Interview: in order to lodge your application, sign forms and payments.
3. Your application will be assessed. Generally visas are processed within 10 working days of interview
4. If you prefer your passport be returned by mail, you must provide a prepaid self-addressed return envelope.
5. The applicant must apply for visa no more than 3 months prior to entering Argentina.
The immigration authority in Argentina for processing Working Holiday visa's is Consulate General of Argentina in Sydney.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂