About this visa
Experience the Northern Lights and stunning mountains in Norway while being able to work (it can be quite expensive to live here).
Norway has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 5 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Norway and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Norway up to one year
- Work for an employer for max. 6 months
- Study for 3 months
- Visit other countries within the Schengen Zone
Things to note
Remember to register your arrival in Norway to a local police station to submit your fingerprints and be photographed.
Requirements of the applicant
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must be a citizen of New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Japan or Argentina.
- You must be over the age of 18 and not have turned 31 when you apply.
- You must have enough money to live on for the three first months of your stay in Norway. This can be money in the bank and/or a concrete offer of paid work. You must have NOK 10 634 per month , i.e. NOK 31 902 for the first three months .
- You cannot work for the same employer for more than six months while you are in Norway.
- You must sign a declaration that you will take out medical insurance and full hospital insurance before entering Norway.
- You cannot be granted this type of permit if you plan to study for more than three months. In such case, you have to apply for a residence permit for study purposes.
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 1 week
- Visa fee: 5,400 NOK
- Print out the checklist and gather the necessary documents
- Fill in your application form
- Hand in your application and documents in person at your nearest Norwegian Embassy/Consulate in your home country
The immigration authority in Norway for processing Working Holiday visa's is Norwegian Directorate of Immigration.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂