About this visa
4 easy steps to get your working holiday visa to Sweden in just 7 days!
Work and travel in Sweden for up to one year with this working holiday visa. Apply for the visa from your laptop, as you only need 4 supporting documents to apply for this online working holiday visa. Find out how to apply below.
EU countries are starting to reopen their borders to international travelers. However, before heading off to Europe be sure to double check with the country's Embassy or Consulate in your home country as the EU countries are not legally bound to follow this new EU recommendation.
Sweden has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 7 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Sweden and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Sweden up to one year
- Work for one employer for 6 months
- Visit other European countries within the Schengen Zone
Things to note
After you have received your decision and entered Sweden you should book an appointment at the Migration Agency as soon as possible to submit your fingerprints and be photographed.
You must show your decision along with a valid passport when entering Sweden.
- be 18–30 years old (Both ages inclusive)
- have a valid passport
- have at least SEK 15,000 so that you can support yourself initially in Sweden
- have a return ticket or enough money to buy one
- have a valid health insurance policy (unless you are a citizen of Australia)
- not bring any children with you
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 1 week
- Visa fee: SEK 1,000
You must apply online via the link below. It’s a pretty easy visa application process, where the most tricky part is to collect all the required documents you need to submit with the visa application form.
You need the following documents
- copies of the pages in your passport that show your personal data, photo, signature, passport number, issuing country, validity period and if you have permission to live in countries other than your home country
- a bank statement showing you can support yourself initially in Sweden
- a copy of a return ticket or a document showing that you have sufficient funds to buy one
- documents showing that you have health insurance that is valid in Sweden (does not apply to citizens of Australia).
We would recommend you to collect the required documents before applying for the visa. When applying for the visa online don’t forget to pay the visa fee (SEK 1,000).
The immigration authority in Sweden for processing Working Holiday visa's is Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sweden (Migrationsverket).
Here are additional links and resources related to the Working Holiday visa in Sweden. All resources are in English unless otherwise stated.
COVID-19 border restriction update:
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂