About this visa
3 Simple Steps to Apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Chile
This visa gives the unique opportunity for young travelers from the participating countries to work and travel in Chile for up to one year.
Find out if you are eligible for this visa and how to apply below.
Chile has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 19 participating countries:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Korea
If you are a Citizen of Chile and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Chile for 12 months
- Work for up to six months for one employer
- Study or train for a short period of time.
- Re-enter Chile during the visa period
Things to note
- Basic Spanish is a requirement for this visa
- tertiary education is required
- A “Letter of Australian government support” must be obtained from the Department of Home Affairs. There is no charge for this service.
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the time of applying (18 – 35 years old for Switzerland, Canada and Hungary)
- Have a valid passport.
- Have a basic level of Spanish
- Have enough money to fund your stay in Chile and to buy return tickets
- Not have dependent children
- Police check with no previous records
- Travel Insurance: Medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for 12 months; hold medical insurance by the time of application
- 1 Recent photo passport size (no more than 6 months old)
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 10 days
- Visa fee: 135 USD (127 USD for New Zealanders)
- Collect the required documents for the visa application process. You can find the checklist here.
- Apply online; Click here, and press the English flag, and then press VISA.
- Wait for the response and start planning your Chilean working holiday year
The immigration authority in Chile for processing Working Holiday visa's is Chilean Embassy in New Zealand.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂