About this visa
Follow 5 Simple Steps to Apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Denmark
This visa helps young travelers from the participating countries to come to Denmark. With this visa you can work and travel in Denmark for up to one year.
Find out how to apply with our 5 steps guide below.
EU countries are starting to reopen their borders to international travelers. However, before heading off to Europe be sure to double check with the country's Embassy or Consulate in your home country as the EU countries are not legally bound to follow this new EU recommendation.
Denmark has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 7 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Denmark and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above see where your Passport can take you!
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Denmark for up to one year
- Work for one employer for max. 6 months
- Visit other countries in the Schengen area without a visa
Things to note
Have you been travelling on a working holiday visa to Denmark before?
Then it is not possible for you to be granted a permit for another working holiday stay. Instead try and apply for other residence permit visas. You can see the different options here;
- You must be a Citizen of a participating country
- You can only apply for this Working Holiday visa once
- You must be at least 18 years but must not have turned 31 at the time you submit the application
- You are allowed to work for up to 6 months, but you must not work for the same employer for more than 3 months or take a regular job
- You are allowed to attend courses or enroll in an educational programme for up to 3 months of your stay in Denmark
- You can’t bring children with you on a working holiday
- If you have a partner who wants to come to Denmark, they’ll need to apply for their own visa
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 3 months
- Visa fee: It's free
- Gather your visa documentation
- Complete the working holiday visa application form
- Submit your application here
- Take your biometrics by approaching your nearby Danish diplomatic mission or Norwegian diplomatic mission if your country does not have a Danish one
- Wait till you receive your answer
For a more detailed checklist of what is applied check the application summary here on Department of Home Affairs’ website – Ny i Danmark.
You can find your nearest Danish diplomatic mission here!
The immigration authority in Denmark for processing Working Holiday visa's is The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI).
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂