About this visa
Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders can apply for the Youth Mobility program which allows them to work and travel in Czech Republic and other European countries within the Schengen Zone for up to one year.
Czech Republic has temporarily reintroduced border controls, so non essentials travels to Czech Republic is banned. You are not able to begin your working holiday visa at the moment.
On 14th May, the Czech Authorities will send out an update about if they will continue with the temporarily border control.
Czech Republic has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 3 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Czech Republic and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Czech Republic for up to one year
- Work up to one year for one employer
- Visit other European countries within the Schengen Zone
- Enrol in one training or study course of up to 6 months of duration.
Things to note
- Remember to register your residence with the Foreign Police competent for the place of your residence within three working days after arriving in the Czech Republic.
Canada and Australia have a yearly quota limit of the number of Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa’s they can grant:
- Canada: 1,150 visa’s per year
- Australia: 500 visa’s per year
In order to apply for the long term visa (Youth Mobility Program). You must meet the following requirements:
- be a Citizen of New Zealand, Australia or Canada
- intend to holiday in the Czech Republic, with employment being an incidental rather than a primary reason for the visit
- be aged between 18 and 35 years (18-26 years for Australians)
- not bring your children with you to the Czech Republic
- possess a valid New Zealand, Australian or Canadian passport
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 6-8 weeks
- Visa fee: 2,500 CZK
All applicants must apply directly to the Czech Embassy in either Canada, Australia, New Zealand. New Zealanders can also apply for the visa at the Czech Embassy in Berlin, Brussels and London.
- Fill out the visa application form
Visa application form
- Collect the required documents which needs to be submitted together with the visa application form. Here is the checklist for each country:
- Once the visa application form is filled out and all the required documents are collected you must submit the application at the Czech Embassy from your respective country; don’t forget to pay the processing fee!
The immigration authority in Czech Republic for processing Working Holiday visa's is Ministry of Foreign Affairs Czech Republic.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂