About this visa
Follow the 2 Step Guide to Apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Luxembourg
This visa helps young travellers from New Zealand, Australia and Canada to work and travel in Luxembourg for up to one year!
Working Holiday visa applications to live and work in Luxembourg are processed by Belgium, for more information see the Belgium Working Holiday visa section.
Luxembourg has closed their borders to non-European travelers.
Luxembourg has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 4 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Luxembourg and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Luxembourg for up to one year
- Work for one employer up to 6 months
- Study for a max. of 4 months
Things to note
Arriving in Luxembourg
Upon arrival in Luxembourg you must register within three work days at the Town Hall of your chosen place of residence. Whenever you change your residence, you must report to the Town Hall of the place you are leaving and of the place you are going to. If you do not know which municipality you are living in, please mark Luxembourg-city.
- A “Letter of Australian government support” must be obtained from the Department of Home Affairs. There is no charge for this service.
- have a holiday in Luxembourg as their primary intention, employment being incidental and accessory;
- be aged between 18 and 30 years at the time of application;
- will not be accompanied by dependents;
- hold a valid passport;
- possess a valid return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- have sufficient means, i.e. a minimum of EUR 2,500;
- agree to hold medical and comprehensive hospitalization insurance which will remain in force throughout their stay in Luxembourg;
- be a first time applicant under this Scheme;
- submit a medical certificate issued by a medical doctor appointed by the Belgian Embassy, stating that they have no disease or infirmity that may endanger public health, order or security;
- produce a document vouching for their good character.
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Visa fee: 306 AUD
1. Collect the required supporting documents. Find the list here
2. You must apply for a long-stay Work and Holiday Visa at the Belgian Embassy in Canberra at the following address:
The Belgian Embassy in Canberra
19 Arkana Street, Yarralumla ACT 2600 – AUSTRALIA
Tel: + 61.(0)2 6273 2501 fax: + 61.(0)2 6273 3392
Email: [email protected] (link sends e-mail)
*A personal appearance is required.
If you cannot make a personal appearance and you have to send your application by mail, the following requirements apply:
(1) Your signature on the application form must be notarized (certified) by a notary public or a Justice of the Peace.
(2) Do not send your form and documents to an Honorary Consul, only to the Embassy in Canberra.
The immigration authority in Luxembourg for processing Working Holiday visa's is Belgian Embassy in Australia .
Go to: Belgian Embassy in Australia
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Working Holiday Visa in Luxembourg”
Hello, I’m a Luxemburg citizen and would like to know how can I get the support letter from the government, to apply for working Holiday Visa in Australia.
Hi Rodolfo, jump over to the Australia Working Holiday Visa page and drop your comment there as it’ll likely help others from Luxembourg. 🙂