Working Holiday Visa in the USA

About this visa

This visa helps young students come to the United States of America. This Working Holiday visa is restricted to post-secondary students and recent graduates.

Participating countries

USA has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 6 participating countries:

If you are a Citizen of USA and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above see where your Passport can take you!

Things to note

  • Must be sponsored by a registered sponsoring organisation
  • Working Holiday visa is restricted to post-secondary students or recent graduates


The Working Holiday visa arrangement in the United States of America requires that you must be sponsored by a registered sponsoring organisation. A list of sponsoring organisations can be found on the US Department of State website.

You must also meet one of the following:

  • be enrolled as a post-secondary student
  • be enrolled as a post-secondary student and have deferred study
  • have graduated within the last 12 months from a post-secondary institution

Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.

How to apply

The immigration authority in USA for processing Working Holiday visa's is U.S. Department of State.

Go to: U.S. Department of State

Need more help?

If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂

Ask a question below

3 thoughts on “Working Holiday Visa in the USA”

  1. Hello!
    I am from the U.S. and currently studying a bachelor’s degree. I’m interested in doing a working holiday visa in Portugal or other countries. I am 39 so I’m not sure if I will be eligible due to my age. Can you let me know if all visas are restricted to 30 and younger? Thanks!

  2. Hello

    My British son is looking to work this summer at a country club in Connecticut and is sponsored by the owners of the country club. They are not an official sponsor, is this a problem?

Ask a question about applying for the Working Holiday Visa in USA

Remember to include where you are from and whether you currently living outside your home country.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow by Email