About this visa
3 Steps Guide to Apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Latvia
Young travelers from the participating countries can apply for the Youth Exchange Programme / working holiday visa which allows them to work and travel in Latvia for up to one year!
Latvia has reopened their borders to EU / UK Citizens. International travelers are not allowed in.
Latvia has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 4 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Latvia and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Latvia for one year
- Work for an employer up to one year
- Re-enter Latvia during the visa period
- Enroll for a second year in the Youth Exchange Programme
- Be aged between 18-35 years old (Both ages included)
- Have a Australian/Kiwi/Canadian/South Korean passport
- Reside in one of the participating countries when applying for the visa
- Not traveling with any dependent children
- A return ticket back to your home country or proof of sufficient funds to buy this ticket
- Health / travel insurance for the duration of the visa
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 30 business days
- Visa fee: 215 CAD in total (State fee + consular fee)
- Collect the required documents. You can find the checklist here
- Fill out the visa application form
- Submit the visa application form with the required documents to Embassy of Latvia in Canada (350 Sparks Street, Suite 1200, Ottawa, ON, K1R 7S8
- Latvia is represented in New Zealand by the Embassy in Tokyo, so New Zealanders have to submit the visa application to the following address;
- Embassy of the Republic of Latvia
The immigration authority in Latvia for processing Working Holiday visa's is New Zealand Foreign Affairs.
Here are additional links and resources related to the Working Holiday visa in Latvia. All resources are in English unless otherwise stated.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂