About this visa
8 Visa Requirements for applying for a Working Holiday Visa in Lithuania
Young travelers from Japan, Canada, South Korea and New Zealand have the opportunity to work and travel in Lithuania for up to one year with this working holiday visa.
EU countries are starting to reopen their borders to international travelers. However, before heading off to Europe be sure to double check with the country's Embassy or Consulate in your home country as the EU countries are not legally bound to follow this new EU recommendation.
Lithuania has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 4 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Lithuania and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Lithuania for up to one year
- Study for up to 6 months
- Work for up for 6 months for one employer
- Visit other European countries within the Schengen Zone
Things to note
- You cannot extend your working holiday visa for one more year
- Be aged between 18 and 30 years (both inclusive)
- Possess a valid passport (must not expire within 3 months of arrival in Lithuania)
- Indicate that the primary reason for the working holiday year is to travel
- Not be accompanied by dependents (e.g. children);
- Provide a document confirming sufficient funds of EUR 4 560 per year
- Hold a document certifying health insurance
- Have paid the visa fee of 60 EUR
- Have not participated in the working holiday Scheme before.
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Visa fee: 60 EUR
You must apply in person at your nearest diplomatic missions or a consular offices of the Republic of Lithuania
Lithuanian Diplomatic missions and consular offices in New Zealand
Consulate of the Republic of Lithuania in Auckland.
Level 1, 99 Parnell Road
Postal addressPO Box 55 116, Eastridge
Lithuanian Diplomatic missions and consular offices in Canada
Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Ottawa
Lithuanian Consulate Office in Toronto
1573 Bloor St. West Toronto Ontario M6P 1A6 Canada
Embassy of Lithuania in Japan
3 Chome-7-18 Motoazabu, Minato City, Tokyo 106-0046
Lithuanian Honorary Consulate in Osaka, Japan
6-32, Nakanoshima, Kita-ku
The immigration authority in Lithuania for processing Working Holiday visa's is Ministry of Social Security and Labour in Lithuania.
Only 100 applicants are approved to the working holiday visa scheme each year
Here are additional links and resources related to the Working Holiday visa in Lithuania. All resources are in English unless otherwise stated.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂