About this visa
Young Australians have the unique opportunity to travel to Malaysia and live in the country for up to one year while working / studying.
Malaysia has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 1 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Malaysia and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Malaysia up to one year
- Work for one employer for up to 6 months
- Study/train in a course for max. 4 months
- Re-enter Malaysia within the visa period
Things to note
You must not be employed within the following trades;
– the entertainment industry such as singing and dancing
– the spa
– the service counter (front office)
– voluntary activity
- Aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years at the time of the application for the visa
- Hold tertiary qualifications, or have successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate studies at a university
- Are not accompanied by dependent children
- Have not previously taken part in the ‘Work and Holiday’ programme
- Possess a valid passport and a return travel ticket or have sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
- Have sufficient funds for your travels during the initial period of living in Malaysia
- You are required to have good health with valid medical certificates issued by qualified doctors in Australia
- Police check
- A “Letter of Australian government support” must be obtained from the Department of Home Affairs. There is no charge for this service.
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Visa fee: RM 90.00
1. Obtain an application form from the Malaysian High Commission in Canberra or the Malaysian Consulate General in Perth or download the on-line form at http://www.imi.gov.my/
2. Provide a letter from the ACT and Regions Office of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship of Australia, or any other relevant government department determined by the Australian government, to confirm that they have been selected to participate in the programme and that they satisfy all the eligibility requirements
3. Submit the application form and valid medical certificates issued by a qualified doctor in Australia to the Malaysian High Commission in Canberra or Malaysian Consulate General in Perth
4. Only complete application forms will be sent to the Malaysian Immigration Department Headquarters for approval
5. Applicants will be officially notified by the Malaysian High Commission in Canberra or Malaysian Consulate General in Perth regarding their status of application.
The immigration authority in Malaysia for processing Working Holiday visa's is Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂