About this visa
This is a unique visa for young Australians only. The Working Holiday Visa allow young Aussies to work and travel in Indonesia for one year.
Indonesia has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 1 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Indonesia and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Indonesia for one year
- Work for an employer for max. 6 months
- Participate in a course/study for max. 4 months
- Re-enter Indonesia during the visa period
Things to note
- basic Bahasa is a requirement for this visa
- The visa does not permit work as an English teacher in Indonesia.
- Must be between eighteen (18) and before thirty (30) years old
- Understand and can communicate in Indonesian Language (functional Indonesian language skills)
- Not in possession of another Indonesian visa
- Have not previously taken part in the work and holiday program
- Have no dependent children who will be joining
- Have sufficient funds for their maintenance during the period of initial stay in Indonesia (min AUD 5,000)
- Have good health and good character
- Possess a passport of minimum 18 months validity
- A “Letter of Australian government support” must be obtained from the Department of Home Affairs. There is no charge for this service.
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: Four weeks
- Visa fee: $196.00
You must submit your visa application form to the Indonesian Embassy in Canberra or to the Indonesian Consulate in Sydney, Perth or Melbourne.
Before submitting the form remember to include the following documents:
- Your passport is up-to-date, and will be valid for at least 18 months
- Photocopy of your passport proving your identity and age
- Academic transcripts to indicate at least two years of undergraduate university study
- Proof of at least $AUD5,000 in savings
- Proof of return/onward journey ticket
The immigration authority in Indonesia for processing Working Holiday visa's is Australia - Indonesia Youth Association.
Go to: Australia - Indonesia Youth Association
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂