About this visa
This working holiday visa allows young Australians, Canadians and New Zealanders to work and travel in Estonia for up to one year.
Estonia has temporarily reintroduced border controls, so non essentials travels to Estonia is banned. You are not able to begin your working holiday visa at the moment.
On 17th May, the Estonian Authorities will send out an update about if they will continue with the temporarily border control.
Estonia has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 3 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Estonia and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Estonia for up to one year
- work in any industry for up to 3 months for one employer
- study for up to three months
- participate in a training course for up to three months
- Travel to other EU countries
- Re-enter Estonia after travelling to other EU countries
- your primarily intention must be to have a holiday in Estonia and only get a job if needed.
- you must be aged between 18 and 30 years (35 years for Canadians) inclusive at the time of application for the visa
- not be accompanied by dependent children
- have not previously entered Estonia on a working holiday visa
- have a valid passport and a return travel ticket or sufficient funds with which to purchase such a ticket
- have reasonable funds for your maintenance during the period of initial stay in Estonia
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 2-3 weeks
- Visa fee: 80 EUR
The first thing you will have to do when applying for the Working Holiday visa is to fill out the long term visa form.
Once it’s filled out you must hand it in at your local Estonian embassy.
The immigration authority in Estonia for processing Working Holiday visa's is Estonia Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂