About this visa
This visa helps young people come to Israel. You can work and study while you enjoy your extended holiday of up to a year!
Israel has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 6 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Israel and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Work in Israel for up to 6 months with each employer
- Study in Israel for up to 4 months
- Live in Israel up to one year
Things to note
- Australians can work for up to 6 months with each employer. Other countries are limited to 3 months with each employer
- You need to request a multiple entry-exit visa as the default visa issued may be restricted to a single entry visa
- You can only enter Israel via the Ben Gurion International Airport (TLV)
- If your application is accepted you have a month to provide follow up documents listed in the Conditions section
- Participants must be 18-30 to take part in the program
- Provide proof of a return flight ticket
- Photocopy of the first page of your passport
- Supply a recent criminal check from your home country
- Supply a recent bank statement
- Have travel insurance for the duration of your stay in Israel
- Supply a health certificate from a recognised doctor
- Passport must be valid for at least 18 months since departure
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 7 working days
- Visa fee: 50 USD
You can only apply for this Working Holiday visa from the Israeli Embassy/Consulate in your home country
Applications can be submitted by fax, regular mail, e-mail or personal appearance at the Embassy/Consulate in your home country.
If your application is accepted further documentation is then requested. You have a month to supply this correspondence without risking your application expiring.
6 Turrana St, Yarralumla ACT 2600
Anton-Frank-Gasse 20, 1180 Wien, Austria
Badeniho 491, 170 00 Praha 7-Letná, Czechia
36 Brandon Street, Wellington 6146, New Zealand
Auguste-Viktoria-Straße 74-76, 14193 Berlin, Germany
11 Cheonggyecheon-ro, Seorin-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
The immigration authority in Israel for processing Working Holiday visa's is Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Israel’s visa quota arrangements for participating countries are:
- Australia: 500 entry visas
- Germany: 500 entry visas
- South Korea: 200 entry visas
- New Zealand: 200 entry visas
- Czech Republic: 200 entry visas
- Austria: 200 entry visas
Annual quota counts reset in December of each year.
Here are additional links and resources related to the Working Holiday visa in Israel. All resources are in English unless otherwise stated.
- Application for Working Holiday visa in Israel
- Australians: Work and Holiday Visa in Israel
- Procedure on a Working Holiday program in Israel
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂