About this visa
This free working holiday visaallows young Canadians, Australians and Kiwis to work and travel in Slovakia in up to one year!
Slovakia has temporarily reintroduced border controls, so non essentials travels to Slovakia is banned. You are not able to begin your working holiday visa at the moment.
On 7th May, the Slovak Authorities will send out an update about if they will continue with the temporarily border control.
Slovakia has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 3 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Slovakia and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Slovakia up to one year
- Work for an employer for 6 months
- Study/participate in a course for up to 6 months
- Re-enter Slovakia within the visa period
- You must be aged between 18 and 30 years, both inclusive, at the time of application
- You must not be accompanied by dependent children;
- You must have a valid passport from either Canada, Australia or New Zealand
- You must possess a ticket for departure from the territory of Slovak Republic, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
- You must have sufficient funds for your visa period duration (4.000 EUR or 2.500 EUR and valid departure ticket from Slovak Republic);
- You must remember to pay any fees associated with the visa application (Excl. Canadians where it’s free of charge)
- You must be a holder of tertiary qualifications, or has successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate university study
- You must hold a medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the duration of their stay in the territory of the Slovak Republic
- For Australians – You must possess a letter from the relevant ministry of the Australia which includes a statement concerning their stay in the territory of the Slovak Republic under the terms of Memorandum of Understanding;
- You must previously not have taken part in the ‘Work and Holiday’ or ‘Working Holiday’ Programmes in the territory of the Slovak Republic
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: Depends on each case but max. processing time is 30 days
- Visa fee: Free of charge
- Collect the required documents for visa application submission. Here is a checklist for Australia, Canada and New Zealand
- Fill out the visa application form
- Hand in the filled out visa application and required documents to your nearest Slovakian Embassy in person
Canada: Slovakian Embassy in Ottawa
New Zealand and Australia: Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Canberra
The immigration authority in Slovakia for processing Working Holiday visa's is Slovak Republic Embassy in Australia.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂