About this visa
Young travellers from Canada, New Zealand and Australia have the unique opportunity to work and travel Poland for up to one year.
Poland has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 3 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Poland and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Poland up to one year
- Work for an employer up to 6 months
- Study/participate in a course up to 12 months
- Re-enter Poland within the visa period
1. National Visa Application Form (printed, dated and signed).
3. Canadian/Kiwi/Australian passport – must be valid for at least 3 months from the date of intended departure from Poland with at least one blank visa page.
4. 2 passport size identity photos.
5. Travel itinerary reservation for the flight back or proof of sufficient financial means to buy one.
6. Travel medical insurance valid for the entire length of your stay in the Schengen zone, covering medicine, hospitalisation, repatriation, death, pregnancy, for a minimum of $50,000 CAD (For Canadians)
You have to apply for a visa with a letter from your insurance company (a copy of your insurance card is not enough) certifying:
- Your name
- Validity in all Schengen area
- Exact coverage dates (effective date and expiry date must be the same as your intended date of arrival in the Schengen area and intended date of departure from Schengen area – based on your flight tickets; statements e.g. “valid up to 90 days outside the province” will not be accepted);
- detailed plan coverage
- sum insured (at least 50,000 CAD).
7. A representation stating that purpose of your stay in Poland is training and learning and a declaration of intent to offer employment form the prospective employer.
8. Up-to-date basic curriculum vitae.
- A “Letter of Australian government support” must be obtained from the Department of Home Affairs. There is no charge for this service.
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Visa fee: CAD $150 for Canadians
Once the visa application form is filled out and the above required documents are collected you must submit the visa application form in person at your nearest Polish Embassy/Consular
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂