About this visa
This Working Holiday visa is for young travellers from Australia, Japan, Canada and New Zealand who wish to work and travel in Taiwan for up to one year.
Taiwan has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 4 participating countries:
If you are a Citizen of Taiwan and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above, contact the Embassy of the country in question for more information.
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Taiwan up to one year
- Work for max. 6 months for one employer
- Study / participate in course for max. 4 months
- Re-enter Taiwan during the visa period
- be aged between 18 years and 30 years inclusive (at the time of application)
- hold an Australian, Kiwi or Canadian passport valid for more than 1 year
- Not accompanied by spouse and dependent children
- Be in Australia, New Zealand or Canada when you apply and when the visa is issued
- Have sufficient funds (generally A$4,100. CAD$2,500 if Canadian)
- Have funds for a return or onward ticket to depart Taiwan
- Have health insurance to cover medical and hospitalisation costs during your stay in Taiwan
- Meet health requirement-you need to undertake a medical examination
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 6 - 8 working days to issue (excluding the time for passports to be returned to applicants)
- Visa fee: CAD $133 / A$144.00
The immigration authority in Taiwan for processing Working Holiday visa's is Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Australia.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂