About this visa
Follow this Very Simple 3 Steps Guide to Apply for a Working Holiday Visa in Canada
This visa helps young people from the participating countries to work and travel in Canada for up to one year.
Find out how to apply for this working holiday visa below. We have made a very easy 3 steps guide for you to follow.
Canada has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 33 participating countries:
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
If you are a Citizen of Canada and are considering a Working Holiday experience in one of the participating countries above see where your Passport can take you!
With this visa you can
This visa allows you to:
- Live in Canada for up to one year
- Work during your stay
- Study during your stay
- Re-enter Canada during the visa period
Things to note
Canada uses a visa pooling system which limits the number of Working Holiday visas (referred to in Canada as the “International Experience Canada” program) issued on a per-country basis. If your application is selected you will receive an Invitation to Apply offer to complete your visa application.
- Be aged between 18-30 years old
- Have a valid passport
- Pay the processing fee
- Have a travel insurance which covers the length of the visa
- Have a health insurance which covers the length of the visa
- Proof of enough fund to support your stay (Min CAD$2,500)
- You must not be accompanied or joined by a spouse or dependents
- You will need to provide a police certificate of the countries you have lived in for more than 6 months
- You must provide a CV/Resume when applying
Note: The visa conditions outlined above are subject to change without notice.
How to apply
- Normal processing time: 4 weeks
- Visa fee: CAN $153
- Collect all the required documents. Find the checklist here
- Apply for the visa online here
- Wait for the reply and start planning your journey to Canada
The immigration authority in Canada for processing Working Holiday visa's is International Experience Canada.
Need more help?
If you are seeking advice about Working Holiday visa's drop a comment below and we will be happy to answer any Working Holiday & Youth Mobility visa question you have! We are travellers too! 🙂